|How to request an article|
First, check that the article you're looking for doesn't already exist:
Next, be sure the article is suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia. Articles should be about topics that have received significant coverage in independent, reliable sources. We have a fairly precise definition of what is considered a "reliable source", as well as detailed inclusion guidelines.
If that seems OK, find the appropriate general topic area below, choose the best sub-topic that fits your subject, and use that link to go to its page. Add your request there by clicking "edit" at the appropriate heading. Give a brief description, with links if possible, for the proposed topic, to aid others in understanding your request.
|I want to write an article myself|
If you have written an article, you can submit it for creation. Be aware that there are guidelines about what is an acceptable subject for an article, as mentioned above.
Please help by fulfilling these requests!
|Article creation ⇧|
|Concepts and guides|
|Meta tools and groups|
- Computer science, computing, and Internet
- Fishing, fisheries, and aquaculture
- Law enforcement and crime
- Library sciences
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Technology and tools
- General art
- Film, radio and television
- Food, drink, and nutrition
- Internet and tech culture
- National or ethnic cultures
- Performing arts
- Print media
- Recreation and hobbies
- Video games
- Visual arts
- Bands, performers and songwriters
- Chamber ensembles
- Classical composers
- Classical compositions
- Critics, historians, journalists and publications
- Festivals, concerts and awards
- Music theory
- Producers, sound engineers, etc.
- Record labels
- Schools and music education
- Stage musicals
- Technical and business terms
- Geography, cities, regions and named places
- Historic places
- Military and military history
- Politics and government
- Other social sciences topics
Images needing articles
- WikiProject Requested articles
- Wikipedia:Most wanted articles (most linked to)
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Missing encyclopedic articles
- Many WikiProjects and notice boards have requests for new articles pertaining to a specific topic.
- Wikipedia:Drawing board - a noticeboard for discussing new article ideas. (Inactive)
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Red Link Recovery
- Wikipedia:Article Feedback Tool
- Wikipedia:Articles for creation - allows unregistered and new users to create new articles with the assistance of experienced Wikipedians.
- Wikipedia:Requests for expansion/Archive, Category:Articles to be expanded and Category:Stubs lists very short preliminary articles that have not yet been developed.
- Category:Redirects with possibilities lists many redirects with good potential to become future articles.
- Portal:Current events - displays newsworthy topics — even brief entries for those are very helpful. They have the advantage of already having a reference webpage, and would have been verified in most cases by the news media. (see also Wikinews)
- Wikipedia:Requested lists
- Wikipedia:Requested pictures and Commons:Picture requests
- Wikipedia:Requested recordings
- Wikipedia:Requested templates
- Wikipedia:Translation#How to request a translation
- User:Emijrp/All human knowledge
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Classical music/Missing articles:Bach Cantatas site