|මෙම පිටුව, legal considerations සහිත විකිපීඩියා ප්රතිපත්තියක් ලේඛනගත කරයි. This page is also a Wikimedia Foundation policy, established by Jimmy Wales and endorsed by the Foundation as necessary for the operation of the sites under its jurisdiction.
The goal of Wikipedia is to create an encyclopedic information source adhering to a neutral point of view, with referenced information through the citation of reliable published sources, so as to maintain a standard of verifiability.
It is a Wikipedia policy to immediately delete libelous material when it has been identified. Page revisions containing libelous content should also be removed from the page history. Libelous material (otherwise known as defamation) is reasonably likely to damage a person or company's reputation and could expose Wikipedia to legal consequences.
Contact instructions for subjects of libel සංස්කරණය
If you believe that you are the subject of a libelous statement on Wikipedia, please:
- E-mail us with details of the article and error.
See also සංස්කරණය
- Wales, Jimmy (2006-05-16). "[WikiEN-l] Zero information is preferred to misleading or false information". lists.wikimedia.org. WikiEN-l. 2011-04-06 දින පැවති මුල් පිටපත වෙතින් සංරක්ෂිත පිටපත. සම්ප්රවේශය 2019-07-17.
It should be removed, aggressively, unless it can be sourced. This is true of all information, but it is particularly true of negative information about living persons.
- How to avoid libel and defamation (2004)—Information from the BBC for contributors to its defunct community website, Action Network, based on the English law of libel, which differs considerably from U.S. law.
- Once it's on the Web, whose law applies?
- Internet policy – Jurisdiction
- Defamation FAQ at Chilling Effects Clearinghouse